Friday, August 7, 2009

Clearing the Air

I'm getting more and more frustrated with my government every day. I'm getting so frustrated that I feel like I am in a sinking ship, locked in a cabin with no way out. The ship is not only sinking, it was already taking me somewhere I didn't want to go. With this in mind I have created this blog. I want to rant. I don't want to bottle all this up inside. I need to speak. I need to make my voice heard somewhere, somehow.

So, in this first blog, I want to clear the air about things. First of all, I am a pastor and I want everyone to know that I have far better things to talk about from the pulpit than political issues. So you wont hear any of this on Sunday morning. This blog is personal and doesn't represent my church or my denomination. With that said, I will hereby assume that no one will take it that way. The fact that I am a pastor also means you can expect my blogs to be respectful and clean. What I mean by "rant" is probably not what most people mean. I just want to speak my peace. I want my voice to be heard, even if it doesn't stand a chance to make a difference in where my country is going.

Secondly, I do not and will not ever advocate violence when it comes to the debate of ideas. Every person has the right to be heard. We can respectfully disagree if it comes to that but we all have the right to be heard, even those who disagree with me. This means that if you come along and respond to my blogs, there is a greater than average chance I will allow your comments to be posted. I will block them, however, if they are disrespectful and/or coarse. I won't curse in my blogs and I expect others to respect my desire to keep my eyes and ears clear of words that have no reason to exist in the English language.

So I'm going to express my opinions and everyone can agree or disagree. Now, on to the ranting.

No comments:

Post a Comment